Välj en av de följande kategorierna för att börja söka bland de senaste GTA 5 PC modden:
@Alkimical You should not be using the "ForDevelopers" version (a version that you have to explicitly go out of your way to manually select/download yourself) if you are not a developer and/or do not wish to have a console window (which interrupts the full screen session when it opens) popping up; install the "ForUsers" version (which is the default version), or just change your game back into full screen mode after the "ForDevelopers" debug window appears.
@AmazyCrazy Alright cool, so it was indeed because it either wasn't installed correctly or you had the old one which doesn't work with this one (btw to install scripts made for the other one, instead of putting the files in the "addins" you put them in the "Modules" folder)
@AmazyCrazy It *should* automatically get taken care of by JM36 Lua Plugin if correctly installed (and not overwritten by the old/legacy Lua Plugin), but, the "addins" folder, the "libs" folder, the "keys.lua" file, the "utils.lua" file; I don't think removing them will make a difference, because it should just happen automatically as stated.
@AmazyCrazy I see some stuff there that could be driving related, but have no idea any information about them or if they could/would affect/break things; what I do see/notice however, is an apparent mismatch with the "main.lua" file, it's size looks alright but it's date modified timestamp is wrong, and you seem to also have old/legacy Lua Plugin leftovers, which afaik (and as far as I've tested) should never happen, so maybe you've overwritten JM36 Lua Plugin with the old/legacy Lua Plugin, and hence why it wouldn't work (because none of my Lua scripts are compatible with the old/legacy Lua Plugin, while all of the old existing scripts made for that one are fully compatible with my JM36 Lua Plugin)?
@AmazyCrazy what about any other driving mods?
@cakuzma Hmm, probably more than likely yeah, my assumption here is, that mod must also be manipulating or overriding the controls; this script basically blocks (or basically makes the game ignore) your (physical) input while you're over the limit, but that doesn't work at all if a(nother) script is also at the same time detecting and messing with the same input (more than likely force overriding simulating/emulating input); the first version worked in this scenario simply because of the hard entity capping/limit which basically meant that you could go from 200+MPH all the way down to say 15MPH in about 1 second or less. If you want or need, I can possibly redo that and add an ini setting for it, but I'd prefer not to since it kinda goes against "smooth" and "realistic" which was the idea for releases.
@cakuzma So with "LimitSpeed: true" shown, you are still able to accelerate from a full stop and go full speed is what you're saying? Before I pushed the update, I set my ToggleKey to 81 in the ini like you did, and tried driving around on keyboard, and the only time I could accelerate faster than the speed limit with it enabled was when the car ahead was also going faster, otherwise it's limited; going up to full speed and then enabling the limiter afterwards also prevents me from going faster or maintaining that full speed, the vehicle begins to slow down (slowly) and not allow acceleration until I'm at or under the speed limit. What about a video, showing both gameplay and the log?
@cakuzma @AmazyCrazy try the V6 update, hopefully that works for you, I changed the detection/handler for the toggle, and tested out cakuzma's configuration exactly under the new version, and it worked, so it should now work correctly for all keyboard users rather than apparently only controller users; if it doesn't work then I am just at a loss for logic and reason at this point.
Sorry, that update will be somewhat delayed as I am currently trying to balance work for the past few hours while trying to respond and take notes for tests and fixes, but in a few hours more than likely you will see it.
@cakuzma Alright, so then the problem is somehow for whatever reason that particular line, that line is the line that handles/toggles the speed limiter, and for whatever reason, the game is not detecting (or saying that it is detecting) the keypresses for you, which is weird, because in my configurations (same as posted) it works fine. Looking back at the first version of the script, there is only a single (simpler) check for keypresses, try shortening that line to just "if IsControlJustPressed(0, ToggleKey) then"; that may (should) work and solve the problem here, and if (or when) it does, I will release a patch. @AmazyCrazy Actually, I think this is somehow just a keyboard specific issue or something, but I will do my own digging and testing to see for myself (I haven't really thoroughly tested on keyboard like I have controller, I don't really know anything but the very basics of keyboard so I can't really optimize well by default for keyboard like I can for controller), but either way will try and release a patch to hopefully fix it. I may also add in a thing directly to JM36 LP for detecting and differentiating between keyboard and controller inputs for the future, useful to all scripts.